Simple Ways To Create An Organised Kitchen
If an organised kitchen is something you’re dreaming of, try some of our simple solutions to keep everything in order and maximise the use of the space in your cooking hub.
- Install a ‘lazy susan’ in your corner cupboards so you can access the items that would normally get lost at the back.
- Arrange your pots, pans and crockery by frequency of use. Keep the items you use regularly within easy reach, and special occasion platters at the back or top of the cupboard.
- Group similar items together so you can find them. Keep your baking trays together, your oven dishes, your serving platters and Tupperware.
- Keep cooking pots near the stove so they are within easy reach when you need them.
- Keep like items together. Store your cutlery in one drawer, your plastic wrap and alfoil in another, and tea towels together in another.
- If your plastic containers are in a drawer, stack them inside one another with lids filed together at the side. You’ll be amazed at how many you can fit into a small space this way.
- Use drawer dividers to group similar items together, such as cutlery, utensils and other small kitchen gadgets like can openers.
- Install shelf organisers in your pantry to make the most of the space and keep everything in order. You’ll be able to find things so much more easily!
- Use see through wire baskets and clear plastic or glass containers to store pasta, potatoes and pantry essentials.
- Use an over-the-door storage hanger with clear pockets for small items like packets of dried herbs and spices.
Organised bench tops
- Keep frequently used cooking utensils in a pot near the stove so they’re right there when you need them.
- Use an over-the-sink shelf to store sink items like washing detergent and sponges.
- Hang chopping boards on the wall. This not only frees up your bench space and keep everything in place, it looks really good!
Organising your kitchen shouldn’t be an unpleasant task that you procrastinate over for months on end. Once you’re organised you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner!
Thinking of making some adjustments to your kitchen this year? Speak with one of our design consultants here.